Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Intentionality

I always seem to get caught up in the "urgent" rather than the "important." All day I work through a checklist - whether written down or in my head. Priorities, I tell myself. Things that have to get done.

Then, as I lay my head on the pillow at night, exhausted, I think of Jesus. Where was He on my list of priorities? Saddened to discover that He never made it on the list. And with the heavy guilt, I pray. Ask for forgiveness. Promise to do better.

But how will tomorrow be any different?

One word.

Intentionality.

I am to purposefully bring Jesus into the forefront of my day. To talk to Him, to pray to Him, to praise Him. To meet Him in His Word. To notice Him even in the little things of daily life. To remember to whisper "Thank You" and quick to say "Help me Lord".

How I live Jesus as a priority should be evident in my daily interactions with Him. Am I intentional in meeting Him and in seeing Him? Everyday He is there with me. Intangible and unseen but very real. All He's waiting is for me to move towards Him.

I am willing Lord. I am making that step.

holy experience

2 comments:

Jessica said...

A willing heart...is beautiful.
Thanks for sharing.

Traci Michele said...

Hey there! Your blog is beautiful and so is your heart for God.

Come join us this weekend over at my blog for Weekend Wisdom and Worship- Week 1! Check it out, I know you'll like it. Let us encourage the body of Christ together.

Nice to meet you new friend!