So how can I possibly be radical where I am at the moment? In between homeschooling, meal preps, laundry, and picking up toys.
But radical doesn't have to be outside the home. Radical can be inside our four walls ... in the midst of homeschooling, meal preps, laundry and picking up toys.
Radical can be as simple as a mother's prayer.
So do I then set aside a time to pray for my children? I can. And I should. But I want more than that. I want to walk and live prayer.
So I use visual cues to help me throughout the day. A marvelous idea I got from a book.
When I put away their shoes: Lord I pray for their feet to stay on Your Word.
When I prepare their meals: Lord I pray that Your Word will be their Bread of Life.
When I wash and fold their clothes: Lord I pray that they clothe themselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, forgiveness, and most of all, love.
When I pick up their toys: Lord I pray that in their abundance, they will have a heart for the poor and the needy.
When I put away their books and school work: Lord I pray that Your Word will be their guide ... that they seek the wisdom and knowledge that only You can give.
The list could go on right out of this page. Finding ways for God to influence their world. It makes me right happy.
Yes! Living radically right where I am. Inside my current world as a mom.

1 comment:
Hi Joan,
Nice to meet you. I'm hopping over here from Ann's link up. Yes, radical can be as simple as responding in gentle kindness to our kids, our man, etc. Thank you from a fellow mom, wife, home schooler. :)
Warmly,
Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com
Post a Comment