I was stunned. My stomach was in a knot. I was beginning to panic. I ran to my room, got on my knees and prayed. Prayed hard. For God's protection, for His mercy.
So timely that we just studied the Flood in Genesis. So I asked God to remember my family just as he remembered Noah. Begged for the windows of heaven to stop. Asked for a wind to pass over and for the water to subside. (Gen 8:1-2)
I reached out to my friends. A prayer request post on a social network site. A text to prayer warriors in my phone book. They prayed with me and for me.
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. - Hebrews 4:16
4 hours passed, which seemed like an eternity. I kept by my phone. Getting updates via text. Finally, the rain stops and the water begins to recede. 3 more hours later, no more flood.
God is so good and merciful.
The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. - James 5:16
Thank you Lord for hearing the prayers of Your children. Thank you friends for praying with me.
******************
Ann's prompt yesterday was to share Thoughts on Prayer with her Walk with Him Wednesday series. I am a day late, but it's never too late to share a God-moving testimony.

1 comment:
PTl! for His always-ready answers. I'm so glad your family is safe.
Thank you, Jesus.
Jean
http://www.jeanmatthewhall.blgospot.com
Post a Comment