Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Life is still as it should be

It's almost the middle of the month ... of the first month in a new year ...

How's my resolutions going? Am I living up to my expectations this year? Is it too early to evaluate? Am I crazy to even think that this year will be different in fact?

Nothing drastic has changed in the last 14 days. The stress is still there. The responsibilities are still there. Life is still as it should be. Living. Laboring. But it doesn't have to feel burdensome, does it?

I must do what's important first ... not necessarily what's urgent. When you're a busy mom of three, everything seems urgent! Secondly, I must resolve to see the beauty in all things. To change my perspective. To look through God's eyes. To see the big picture and have complete PEACE and JOY in every moment of this life. Yes, it's easier said than done. It doesn't happen automatically. It is a purposeful effort ...

Daily, I have to stop ... think ... and go through my mental list ...
  • Quiet time with the Lord (Big Rock)
  • Momma love for my babies (Big Rocks)
  • Prepare lunch & dinner (Pebble)
  • Do office work (Pebble)
  • Take Shali & Jordan to school (Pebble)
  • Organize closets/drawers (Sand)
  • Scrub my shower (Sand)
  • etc ...
Sometimes I don't get to the "sand" ... sometimes I do the "pebbles" before the "big rocks" ... sometimes the "big rocks" don't get done at all ...

It's hopeless. No it isn't.

Everyday, I get to start over ... to do my best to fill my jar with contents in the right order ... but it does require me to not get caught up in the whirlwind of the day ... to stop and consciously do it ... hopefully down the road it becomes a habit ... second nature ...

Working on the order of my day is one thing ... it's another to see beauty in all of it. It's another to have peace and to have joy in those moments. Yes, very hard to do if I am only relying on myself. Much harder to accomplish when the "big rocks" are still waiting on the wings to be done. Quite impossible if God is nowhere near my heart ...

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts ... Col 3:15
I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete ... John 15:11

True Peace and Joy comes only from the Lord ... only through Him and with Him can I bask in these two elusive moments in my life. A real and personal relationship with my Creator. A father and a friend ...

He is reaching out His hand. Will I be too stubborn to take it? Will I resolve to do it on my own? That's foolish. Take His hand. Not only will He walk beside me ... He can lift me up and carry me through this journey. Really? A resounding YES beats in my heart. Just surrender and have faith.

Thank you Jesus! May Your peace rule in my heart Lord always. May Your joy be in me and may it be complete. Thank you for your abounding love and mercy. Thank you for all the beauty that surrounds me. May I open my eyes and see the daily wonders you bring.

1 comment:

MommyDesiree said...

My eyes are glistening with tears. You have such a wonderful way with words. Your faithful walk inspires me constantly. Thank you for being my friend,and allowing Him to use you to speak (to my/from your) heart with honesty and sincerity.