You should slow down.
You're doing too much.
But I have deadlines to meet this month. I must do them all now or they will never get done.
You're worrying too much.
You'll have plenty of time to do what you need to do.
No really. You don't understand.
OK. Then, you'll just have to be sick for 2 days.
You're doing too much.
But I have deadlines to meet this month. I must do them all now or they will never get done.
You're worrying too much.
You'll have plenty of time to do what you need to do.
No really. You don't understand.
OK. Then, you'll just have to be sick for 2 days.
God is in control. Things happen in HIS time, not mine. So, He slowed me down for 2 days because I wouldn't listen, and in the end gave me enough time to meet my so-called deadlines.
In the midst of my recovery period, He is still speaking. I'm still not quite 100%, my head still hurts, my energy is low ... which means I am not such a drill sergeant with the kids. They did stuff that didn't bother me. Somehow, I was more patient and forgiving. Maybe because I didn't have the energy to get mad, which was all good ... it was minor stuff anyway. Or maybe it was God's way of showing me that more peace can be created if I didn't worry too much about the little stuff ... like water being spilled out during bath time, Jordan's dramatic side, toy clutter in the living room and hallways, Rye-rye's constant whimpers, etc.
Yes Lord, I will learn to be more like You ... compassionate, gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.
3 comments:
This made me smile....I'm right there with you momma!
Thank God that HE is our grace...for in ourselves we have Nothing to offer....
I ALWAYS feel like He brings sickness my way to slow me down. When else do I FORCE us to stay home...even in the rain I'd be out there running unnecessary errands or something! Ah, but His peace...and His patience...those are worth staying home for anyday!
Glad you're on the up and up!
we are so sisters!
I love and miss you mama! Glad you're feeling better and listening...
Hugs!
I LOVE this line...."Or maybe it was God's way of showing me that more peace can be created if I didn't worry too much about the little stuff." That is such the lesson I need to learn over and over again every day....don't worry about all the little things, and you're so right, when I let those things go...the house, the kids...the whole day is so much more peaceful.
Post a Comment