This evening, Ryan and I attended our first Vertical Prayer meeting at our church. This was an answered prayer in itself ... us ... attending a prayer meeting together. We prayed for ourselves, for each other, for our families, for our church, for our community. We prayed as a group and we prayed individually. God was in our midst. I could feel His presence.
I'm excited about the new year. It's going to be different. How do I know? Because I desire to make some changes ... for the better. With God's help, anything is possible. And tonight, I will start with a prayer ...
Lord, help me to become a better wife, a better mom, a better friend. Mold and shape me to the person you've created me to become. May I always remember my Big Rocks. Use me Lord for Your glory ... starting with my family. Help me to become Ryan's helper and confidant. May I not grow weary in training my children according to Your Word. May Your will be done in my life.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing that Joan, your prayer is similar to mine for this year. I know that I want to be that confidant & friend that my hubby needs. I think our guys need a buddy so badly sometimes but they don't know how to reach out to one.
You, your marriage & your family are always in my prayers...keep going strong Joan, I see such reflection and encouragement in you! I'm truly blessed by it :D
can I just say ditto?
You always speak right to my soul. 2009 is going to be a wonderful LIFE changing soul shaking year, I can feel it. You know you are the second or third person who's talked about the big rocks lately. Maybe thats God talking to me hu?
Love you, Miss you~!
Hugs!
Post a Comment