Monday, February 2, 2009

Be still and know that I am God. (Ps 46:10)

Most families are feeling the effects of this weak and unstable economy ... our household is no exception. Last week, Ryan informed me that we may have to stop paying some of our bills (mortgages for our investment properties and credit card bills). My heart was not prepared for this news. Instead of focusing on the blessings and having faith, I quickly became worried, stressed, then mad ... at God. How could He let this happen? We did the right things. Won't You reach Your hand out, Lord? Actually, He has. I was just too blind to see it. In the midst of this financial storm, He has and continues to draw Ryan into His arms. He is using this circumstance to speak to His son and build a relationship with him.

Can someone hit me on the forehead?!?

God is God. He will use every and any circumstance to redeem His children back to Him. All I could see through this storm is the superficial stuff ... all the while God is building something great in my husband. My perspective in the moment is so little. I neglected to see beyond the obvious. But God is gracious ... He reveals to me a small piece of what He is creating ... to calm my fears, to have more faith, to trust in Him completely ...

We may be going through the worst storms financially ... but God is ultimately in control. All He is asking me to do now is to trust Him.

Be still and know that I am God. (Ps 46:10)


Below is a song that the worship team sang at our church service. The lyrics are so fitting, and it spoke volumes for me today.

STILL by Hillsong


Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
Within your mighty hands

When the ocean rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust

When the ocean rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

2 comments:

wedogmomma said...

what a beautiful song...the words are like a plea!
This time in your life is going to seem so short in the long run...and you will have SO much to share about your journey! Praise God that Ryan is rising up to meet the challenge~

and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for each of you!

MommyDesiree said...

I full heartedly agree with Nikki.

What a blessing Ryan's story is to my heart, and what a blessing that you can see HIS wonderful works in this storm....

...even still my dear friend, even still.

Hugs!