Wednesday, February 18, 2009

His Will and His Presence

Two mortgages remain unpaid. And that's only the beginning. Soon creditors will be calling. I dread that day. We are in a financial black hole and we need rescuing. It won't be an overnight fix. Years, not days.

Am I prepared for the coming days? Will I be ready for what lies ahead? I am holding my breath ... waiting to exhale.

Lord, is all this in Your will? More importantly, are the steps we are taking in-line with Your plans? I am doubting again. So unsure of our path. If I could just see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Joshua 1:9 brings me the comfort I need.
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Even Joshua the warrior needed encouragement. Even he was afraid. Don't I warrant the same fears and anxieties? But looking at God's chosen words, they speak the hope I need in these uncertain times.

Look again at the verse. First, I have been commanded, ordered, given an assignment. It is God's will. I should trust that it is ... and move forward. But how do I move forward? With strength and courage. Strength is physical, emotional, spiritual. And when our own strength is depleted, we can count on Christ's strength (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phi 4:13). Courage, on the other hand, is a state of mind. It's not an absence of fear, but the resolve to move forward despite of fear. Boldly taking a step. Ready to cross the Jordan and conquer. And again, the Lord reminds me to not be afraid or be discouraged ... because He is with me wherever I go -- God's Presence! I am not doing this alone. God didn't say, "You're good to go. Just be strong and be courageous. I'll see you at the end of your journey." Nope. He is right there, walking alongside me, where I can draw strength and courage, where I can ask for guidance and protection, where I can weap and be lifted up.

No matter what the outcome is in this journey, I am walking a path with 2 immovable walls: His will and His presence. The end result is victory ... unimaginable blessings. But the road is not smooth. I will be tested by fire ... shaping and molding me into the person God has created me to be ... and I am never alone.

Lord, prepare my heart. Prepare my heart to see the beauty in the midst of this storm. Grant me the courage and strength to move forward despite my fears. You are a God that gives and takes away. If Your will is for us to loose it all, then so it will be. My prayer is that we don't lose You.

2 comments:

wedogmomma said...

I am encouraged as I see you being encouraged in the Word. That is powerful! TRUTH is so life-changing!
You and your household are in our prayers! God give you rest, peace and even joy through this process.
I praise Him for this trial that though it is hard, it is drawing you closer to Him, and reminding you that He is walking RIGHT beside you....never faultering!

Maritez said...

I am inspired by your focus...how closely you have your eyes set on Him despite all that is happening. "Be strong & of good courage"...I love that reminder. It is SO prevalent in all we face, whether financial, spiritual, or emotional. You are right on with your prayer...that you don't lose Him, and recognizing that alone is HUGE. You are staying the course, trusting in Him...He will make your paths straight and clear!