Although fists and teeth are briefly clenched in fear of the uncertainty, we raise our hand and know that God is GOOD. He is beside us. He is asking us now to be strong and courageous (Joshua 1: 5-9). On the other side of obedience are blessings. Blessings that only God can dream up and exist into being.
Case in point ...
We entered this month knowing that there is NOT enough funds to pay everything. Last week I was angry and frustrated. But once I turned my heart back to God, blessing came pouring out in other areas of our finances ... we had a savings we forgot about, Ryan was given a cash bonus at work for 2008, more units are rented, Ryan is getting a raise for 2009 ... God is SO good. He gives us just what we need at the moment. Promises for a better tomorrow. Our faith is being strengthened DAILY.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
There will always be moments of doubt as long as I am walking in this earthly flesh. But time and time again, God forgives me and draws me closer to Him. Just a like a parent who encourages a child to try again, so does my Father in Heaven who lets me see a brighter future. I may not understand it all ... He may not reveal it all ... but I can stand on His promises that He will NEVER leave me nor forsake me.
Thank you Lord, for your Everlasting Grace.
2 comments:
I literally have tears in my eyes. wow...
Thank You Lord for your sovereign grace. Thank You for the work you are doing, thank You for your patience and faithfulness. You alone are God, and you ARE so GOOD!
...Joan, my sister, my friend thank you for sharing your thoughts and pouring out your soul. My heart is lighter tonight because of this wonderful news. Your faith inspires me.
Still on my knees for you...but tonight I must add thanksgiving...He is so Good....
Hugs!
Praise the Lord! Your prayers were that HE be glorified, not that you would be made comfortable & secure and He blessed you abundantly for that. What an amazing testimony of faith and trust.
Post a Comment