A few blogger friends of mine took up the challenge to write a poem using the 26 letters of the alphabet. Well, I felt the urge to challenge myself as well. So here is my ABC Acrostic:
All seems lost
Broken spirit
Crushed heart
Dying spirit
Every breath
Fighting for life
Grace is there from
He who gives life
I am beckoned
Just open
Knocking at heart's door
Let Him open
Muddy and dirty
Nothing of worth
Oh, but how
Precious to Him is my worth
Quickly and swiftly
Rescue me from despair
Save my soul
Take me if you dare
Under your wings
Victory is sure
When all else fails
Xero-in and be sure
Your unfailing love will
Zap me pure
3 comments:
I LUV the last line....I picture one of those Bugs Bunny cartoons where the lightning hits his butt and he hops up yelping...OUCH!
That's what I need a good ZAP! of purity each day :D
Nice ABC poem H.M.
Oooh, good one! Precious to Him...and Under His wings, two things I strive to remember constantly throughout my days.
P.S. What is H.M? I'm thinking Hot Mama?! ;)
Ohh this is just divine, or is it about the divine? No really though I love it, you really are a gifted writer my friend....
Hugs!
Post a Comment