Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Crying out to Him

I was prompted by Ann to think about my prayer life as she writes a series on A Pilgrimage into Prayer.

When do I pray? Have I set aside a time to communion with the Lord everyday? I am ashamed of my answer to those questions.

I know the power of prayer. I've experienced them first-hand. Prayer is what changed everything in my life ...

a saved husband

a better marriage

financial provision

Prayers that lasted years ... and then seeing the results. I couldn't fathom God's power and love for an insignificant me.

Then prayers quickly faded. A little less frequent. No apparent need to cry out to God. Why? Is it because all is great and perfect? Maybe. Hardly. A sense of Trust and a bigger Faith. Less doubts and fears. Reasons to have less prayer?

But even then. Even in "good" times, I know I must still cry out to Him. Cry out in Thanksgiving. Cry out in Joy.


Lord, forgive me. For not entering Your gates and basking in Your presence and Your rest as often as I should. May You find me on my knees more often than You find me "at work."

4 comments:

Deborah Ann said...

Ah, that is the question. Why do the prayers cease...is all well? Probably not, right? Once again I am reminded to pray unceasingly. Thank you for a beautiful heartfelt word from the Lord!

wedogmomma said...

Good, good reminders dear!
As usual....He is speaking through you! Thank you!

Lisa notes... said...

May You find me on my knees more often than You find me "at work."

Beautifully said! Thanks for articulating what I want to be praying as well. Blessings to you.

MommyDesiree said...

....what a blessing to read this tonight. I love that in my quick trip to bloggyland God found a way to call to me...thanks for ALWAYS being His vessel.