Sunday, August 2, 2009

Faith to see beyond what I can see

I haven't posted here in quite some time. Not because I have nothing to say, but because there's too much to say with so little time to do it.

God has been good ... He still is ... and He will always be. That's what I love about Him.

We were able to modify our primary home loan, reducing our monthly payment by almost $1000. Foreclosure proceedings have been halted. In 3 months, our lender requests to revisit our financial status. We continue to remain faithful to the Lord, closely tuning in to His leading. A lot is still up-in-the-air, but we are confident that He will see us through.

In the midst of uncertainty, how crucial it is to have FAITH. We can have faith in tangible things, ourselves and even other people. But how mighty is the faith that is connected to God! A faith that never disappoints.

There's this song from a VBS CD that we picked up this summer called Faith. The lyrics are ringing true to my heart ...

It seems like there's so much to hope for,
So many dreams I wish they all would come true.
But when I think about Your ways Lord,
It gives me so much faith in all that You do.

Faith to see beyond what I can see,
Faith to know that You would do great things.
I will trust you Lord,
I'll always believe.
As I hold on to my faith,
Jesus, You are holding on to me.

Yes, as I am holding on, He is holding on. Right now, that's what matters. It's what gives me peace.

Thank you Lord, for Your everlasting faithfulness. You continue to do great things in our lives, and we are very grateful.

1 comment:

wedogmomma said...

" Foreclosure proceedings have been halted."
Sooo cool!
I had not asked in a bit!
thanks for the update...and for wowwing my heart with your faith 'sermon'
Jarrod and I need it more today than you EVEN know!