Monday, August 3, 2009

God speaks

I am greatly astonished by how the Lord works. He never ceases to amaze me.

I wrote a post (on the wee hours of Sunday morning) about having Faith. Little did I know that God would continue that conversation with me at church that day.

Yes, I need to have faith in Him. But it doesn't stop there. I must show proof of that faith.

And how do I do that? He shows me ...

* By living the Word. Not just hearing the Word, but doing it -- applying God's truths to my life. Am I growing or cultivating the relationship I have with Him? Am I closely looking at the mirror everyday, observing my own reflection and see if I am becoming more and more like Jesus. (James 1:23-25)

* By how I react to the life's trials. Will I succumb to the Enemy's temptation and be broken, or will I arise in God's testing and grow stronger? Here was the revelation for me -- it's not that circumstances had drastically changed for the better. It's still the same. I just have gotten stronger in my faith! I am not easily shaken as I once were. I am standing firm and trusting in the Lord.

* By how I treat other people. If I am obeying God's truths, then I should be able to sincerely love a brother, and love one another fervently with a pure heart. (1 Peter 1:22) The first love being a brotherly kind of love. The second love being agape love - the love of God and Christ for us - a love that is unconditional and not self-seeking. I have to admit, the second one is hard to do. But God knows we're not perfect. We just need to love intensely with all of our heart.

Thank you Lord that You know that deep things of my heart. And that you would speak to me to broaden my understanding of You and Your ways, giving me much peace and thankfulness in my circumstances.

1 comment:

Jean said...

A truth beautifully spoken.

Jean