The absence of TV time and Facebook distractions has afforded me more time today ... to worship God, to think on Him, and to listen to what He might say to me.
I have created space ... I have dug a ditch that the Lord can fill.
Everyday, we are bombarded by so many things and it's no wonder that we can't hear God. There is no space left ... we have become too busy for Him. Busy with what exactly? Busy watching nonsense shows instead of picking up the Bible to draw near to Him. Busy checking on what our friends are up to instead of seeking Him. I've got it all wrong.
When the angel of God visited Mary, she was ready to listen, ready to ask questions, and ready to obey (Luke 1). Will God find me the same way?
Lord, help me to become like Mary ... ready to receive all that You have to give and say. God fill the spaces in my life. Take residence in my heart. Let my eyes and ears be tuned-in to You always. I desire to hear You, feel You and clearly see the vision You have for my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment