Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 9: Living through the Filter of His Grace

"The only way you're going to consistently enjoy your relationship with God, the only way you're going to really have this incredible supernatural life full of peace and joy, is not if you obey God perfectly, but if you truly believe and focus on how much He loves you." (Awakening)

How often do I focus on what I do instead of who God is. I know that we do not earn our way to heaven, but sometimes good deeds can become the focus of my walk with God, my relationship with my husband, how I raise or parent our children.

It's such a fine line between believing and achieving.

It shouldn't be ... I will do this so that God will be pleased with me, so that He will love me more.

Instead, it should be ... God loves me no matter what, and because of that I will love Him in return, not in perfection but in surrender.

Lord help me to focus on who You are instead of what I do for You. You see me through the filter of Your grace, and to please You is to love You with all my heart, all my soul, all my mind and all my strength. Help me to love my husband and my children in the same way You love me. Amen.

No comments: