Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 6: God's Grace

An excerpt from today's reading (Awakening, Seems):

"The New Covenant is all about creating a way for us to have a personal relationship with God based solely on His goodness. The plan was for a relationship in which we could be declared righteous based not on our behavior but on God's love for us. A relationship where we could stand perfected before God, not because of what we do, or don't do, but because of His goodness through Christ."

God's grace ... His undeserved favor, equipping us free of charge to be who He's called us to be.

Everything we have in Chirst is based solely on His goodness, and not my works.

If God sees me in this way, then I should see my husband, my children, my friends in the same lense of grace. They have been perfected before God, despite the imperfections I manage to still see. All their sins have been forgiven - past, present and future. I am to love them where they are, even in the imperfect.

What they do, or not do, need not weigh my heart down. God's work in their lives is never finished. He is the potter and I am just a vessel. I will trust that He will continue to mold and shape them ... and me ... until the Day of Christ. I am to love in the same way He loves. Because it is love that lasts forever.


Thank you Lord for this revelation today. My heart is lighter. I will run towards your grace, and today, I trust a little more.

No comments: