Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 1: Choose Me and Be Satisfied

I will use this blog to journal my encounters with God from the 21-Day Awakening. My prayer is that God will reveal Himself to me more than He has in the past. A spiritual revolution ... to awaken the soul and light the fire for the One who is worthy to be praised.

For 21 days, I will be fasting from: processed carbs, TV time, and the ever popular and time consuming social media Facebook.

During this fast, I am praying and believing God for:
- a hunger for the Lord stirred up in Ryan's heart
- my children's personal walk with God. They maybe little (7,5,4) but I believe God can still reveal Himself to them in tangible ways
- our house ... that God will provide a way for us to remain in our current home despite the bankruptcy

With that, our day 1 devotional led me to Psalm 1.

God commands us to not walk, stand or sit with the wicked, sinners and mockers (v.1). But rather, we are to delight in the law of the Lord and meditate on them day and night (v.2). We are to choose our company wisely and monitor our activities with them. Instead of mingling with the wrong crowd, God asks us to choose Him and be satisfied. And not just on a specified time frame on a given day, but to be with Him all day and night. God is asking us to weave Him into our everyday life.

What is the reward?

We will be like a tree ... sustained by God with His living water. We will not fade or dry up, but rather, we will be fruitful and prosperous in whatever we do (v.3) because we are being watched by the Lord (v.6). He will guide our ways and lead us onto the right path.

How then can we fail and miss out on the promise?

Only one way ... living apart from Him.


Lord, my prayer is that I remain in Your branch, because apart from You I can do nothing. Help me to delight in Your Word ... to choose You ... to be joyfully satisfied by Your bread of life, to be sustained by Your Living Water, and to live them out in my day-to-day, every hour, every second. Be with me even in the mundane for I desire my life to be full and my love & grace for others be overflowing. Amen.


No comments: