Monday, January 28, 2013

1000 Gifts 2013

In 2012, I counted 529 gifts.  This year, I hope to count at least 1000.  The day's blessings should never go unnoticed. I know somedays, I have to search for them.  Counting gifts reminds me of the Giver - the One who is worthy to be praised for all that I have. Thank you Lord for the gifts yesterday, today and tomorrow.

#530.  Thankful for the start of another year
#531.  For libraries ... Jordan getting his library card for the first time
#532.  A gift inside (the car) ... boys and their new toy - an advance birthday gift from their uncle.
#533.  A gift outside ... twinkling stars in the night sky
#534.  A gift on a plate ... grilled chicken sandwich made by my hubby
#535.  A grace overheard ... "Here Asher , you can play with my toy" (kindness by a 6yr old boy)
#536.  For warm heat on cold winter days
#537.  For hearty kids ... jumping on trampoline shirtless on a cold day
#538.  A gift old ... blankets!
#539.  A gift new ... warm boots
#540.  A gift blue ... blue sky on a warm winter day
#541.  Something I am seeing ... a boy and his love for video games
#542.  Something I am reading ... God's Word
#543.  Something I am making ... memories!
#544.  For the first church day of the new year
#545.  Lunch with the aunties
#546.  Boys rolling with laughter.  They sure know how to make each other laugh.
#547.  For moss covered trees
#548.  For a park at the end of a hike
#549.  For the time to hike alone with the kids.  They say they had fun.  So did I.
#550.  Seeing Rye-rye play with his uncle
#551.  For brother and sister connecting over Legos
#552.  A gift sat with ... my soon-to-be 5 year old
#553.  A gift held ... little Avery!
#554.  Watching old videos of the kids and looking through old pictures ... great laughs and fond memories!
#556.  A gift just right ... having my mom for 2 weeks. We all had such a good visit with her.  We will miss her very much.
#557.  A gift that' sweet ... almost 6dozen cupcakes for Rye-rye's birthday party
#558.  For a 5th bithday for a sweet boy!
#559.  Yellow gift of fresh mercy ... birthday candle flames marking another year of life
#560.  A gift below ... brothers and sister cuddled on the floor for a movie
#561.  A gift beside ...my husband as we cuddle on the couch
#562.  I am grateful for my bdy even after having 3 kids
#563.  I am grateful that I like things organized and clean
$564.  I am grateful that I am a wife and a mother
#565.  For finding ice over a creek on a hike!
#566.  For seeing a light brown squirrel ... a first!
#567.  For a warm shower after a cold 5-mile hike
#568.  For God's sovereignty.  It was early 2009 when we first started worrying about losing our house.  That's almost 4 years ago and we ad still here.  Thank you Lord for this gift.
#569.  A gift shared ... coloring time between 2 brothers
#570.  A gift worn ... a blanket as she built puzzles on the floor
#571.  A gift given away ... hugs and kisses
#572.  Guinea pigs taking a bath.  An act of service by the kids. So sweet.
#573.  My 5-yr old cleaning partner.  He sprayed.  I wiped.
#574.  Mid-week prayer service.  The blending of faith.
#575.  A gift bringing quiet ... 21-day fasting and prayer
#576.  A gift bringing laughter ... kids acting their own version of America's Funniest Videos
#577.  A gift bringing prayer ... Psalm 86
#578.  A gift in God's Word ... Romans 1:1-4
#579.  A gift in God's Word ... Matthew 26:41
#580.  A gift in God's Word ... Psalm 46:10
#581.  A gift that might never been ... a quiet moment to think and ponder if I didn't fast from TV and social media
#582.  A gift that might never have been ... encouraging my host and following up with her guests resulted in a show to submit! Persistence and not giving up.
#583.  A gift that might never have been ... snacking on fruits and nuts if I didn't fast carbs
#584.  Realizing for the first time that I didn't say no to my abusers because I didn't want to confront them.  It was easier at that time to stay quiet.
#585.  Realizing that my youngest is now the oldest in his Sunday school class
#586.  Fresh air circulating inside a closed-up house in winter
#587.  A gift in sky - clear and blue.  So beautiful. Perfect for a hike day.
#588.  A gift in water ... thirst quencher on a 2.5 mile hike
#589.  A gift in memory ... God's faithfulness in the last 5 years
#590.  A father's devotion to playing tooth fairy to our daughter
#591.  A new way to play Go Fish ... upside down!
#592.  Boldness to lead worship solo for a CHECC meeting
#593.  A gift found in Jesus Christ ... His death on the cross for my sake.  Forgiveness!
#594.  A gift found in Jesus Christ ... His example of what it means to love
#595.  A gift found in Jesus Christ ... Redemption!
#596.  A gift blue ... blue sky on a winter day
#597.  A gift blue ... blue sweater on a cute boy
#598.  A gift blue ... blue CBS book and blue ink for or memory verse
#599.  A little girl singing in bed ... such a sweet voice
#600.  Full moon that's low over the sky
#601.  A baby shower for a friend ... celebrating a new life
#602.  A breakthrough for Ryan regarding his habit.  God touching his heart.
#603 - 605.  3 gifts in the kitchen ... a big window that overlooks the backyard, enough cabinets to hold our stuff, and food!
#606 - 608.  3 gifts found in friends ... encouragement, support, and loving me where I am
#609.  A song heard ... A Happy Birthday greeting to grandma
#610.  A light seen ... first light of the day outside bedroom window reflected on wall creating shadows
#611.  An old thing seen new ... the living Word giving new revelation all the time
#612.  A gift in a picture ... my girl holding a precious baby
#613.  A gift in a Person ... Jesus Christ - the One Person that matters the most
#614.  A gift in paper ... prayers for my kids as I go about my day
* * * *
FEBRUARY
#615.  A gift red ... strawberries for a smoothie during a fast
#616.  A girl reading stories to 3 younger boys.  So sweet.
#617.  Pink sky at sunset
#618.  New park fun (cement slides at the Golden Gate Park in SF)
#619.  Cardboard box sleds for a cement slide
#620.  The conclusion of the 21-day fast
#621.  Watching the Super Bowl game with friends
#622.  For food I can bite into and chew
#623.  A gift found when bent down ... laced up hiking boots
#624.  A gift found when bent down ... grass seedlings on hike trails
#625.  A gift found when bent down ... wild daffodils near hike trails
#626.  A gift woven ... my children's hearts for each other, made possible by homeschooling
#627. A gift hammered ... nails through His hands for a wretched me



No comments: