Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 2: Hearing God Speak

I'm at a point in my life where I have a hard time hearing God's voice.  I can barely remember what He sounds like.  All I hear is static.

I am desperate to once again hear Him.  Loud and clear.

But in order to hear God speak means I have to be tuned in.  Dialed in.  Walking in His ways.  Praying.  Reading His Word.  Walking within His frequency.

But I am nowhere near God's frequency.  And I know I have to change. Adjust.  Remove distractions.  Create a space for God to fill.  Get un-busy.  Get quiet.  Set aside a time and a place to meet with the Lord.  For I know that He moves towards us when we move towards Him (James 4:8).

Over time, spiritual trash has built up in my soul.  Complacency.  Busyness.  Outright disobedience.  I am so bombarded by the things of this world that there's no room for Him to speak into my life.  TV, movies, social media, games and even sleep has taken more precedence.

Tuning in to His frequency will not occur unless these trash are taken out first.

It starts by carving out a time to meet Him.  Setting aside time to fast and pray.  Removing those daily distractions.  Making Him the priority every single day.

And that is what this 21-day journey is all about.  To find my way back to Him.  To draw near to Him more than I have been.

And when He does speak, I hope that my response will be "Yes Lord ... as You will!"

Lord, thank you that You are a patient and a forgiving God.  I pray that I gain back the sensitivity to the things that matter to You.  Help me to tune in again to Your frequency. 

No comments: