Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 9: Be Intentional

Fasting is allowing me to be intentional with my relationship with God.  He's my main focus ... daily seeking to meet Him and hear His voice.

But what happens after the fast?  Will life go back "as usual"?

It's easy to go back into the routine of things.  I start eating normal, and I return to the same activities before the fast.  I know this from experience -- I was in this same boat a year ago.  Next thing I know, I am far from Him (again) and I'm just going through the motions.  

But how will this year be any different?  What do I need to remember?

I must remain intentional.  

It's no secret.  It's no gimmick.  It's a daily choice ... to walk towards Him or away from Him.  To seek Him or hide from Him.

To live a life of passion for God requires a daily commitment.  It's not "life as usual."  

One thing is for sure, I will not be able to do this out of my own strength and will power.  My spirit may be willing, but my flesh is weak (Matthew 26:41).  Distractions will come.  Life will happen.

However, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13) and "the Spirit helps us in our weakness" (Romans 8:26a).

Yes Lord.  I will rest on those promises.




No comments: