Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 19: Hunger

I've never been so hungry in my life.  The smell of food turns my stomach in a knot.

The Holy Spirit quickened my spirit the other day to remember those who are physically hungry on a daily basis. Unlike them, my hunger has an end.  Their hunger is often times not by choice. 

My heart cries ... What can I do Lord? Show me how I can help those who are hungry. 

No doubt, I am physically hungry. But what's more important is that I should be spiritually hungry too.
Hungry for God's Word.
Hungry for the things that matter to Him.
Hungry to worship Him, to love Him and to serve Him.

And have the passion to show others how to be hungry for Him.

My inward desires going beyond myself. Stepping out of the box and reaching out to others who don't know God ... or those who are on the fence about Him.

My heart cries once more ... Lord, show me how to do just that. Allow me to show Your heart to others. Boldly. Confidently. Without reservation. 


"Blessed are those who hunger and  thirst  for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. 
(Matthew 5:6 ESV)






No comments: