I want to have faith that truly believes in miracles.
We are on the brink of foreclosure with our home. It's been 2 years since we made a mortgage payment. After going through a bankruptcy, we have been discharged of this debt. Despite the fact that we know we cannot afford this house, we want to stay put ... to keep growing our roots down in one place.
I remember praying for this house when we were on the market to buy. God blessed us with this home that met our needs. I know that He doesn't promise to keep us here. For God has bigger and better plans, and it may not include staying in this house. Nevertheless ...
I want to believe God for the impossible.
I want to have faith that truly believes in miracles.
And He has been faithful more ways than I can ever imagine when it comes to keeping us here. It was early 2009 when we first started worrying about losing our house. We were able to modify our loan and reduced our monthly payment by $1000. Then filing for bankruptcy two years later delayed the foreclosure proceedings when we defaulted on our loan. If you add up the years, that's almost 4 years ago ... and we are still here. If that's not a miracle, I don't know what is. And we are so very thankful. Still ...
I want to believe God for the impossible.
I want to have faith that truly believes in miracles.
God says in His Word,
"If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; nothing will be impossible for you." (Matt 17:18)
He says nothing will be impossible because with Him, all things are possible. But it is only when we have faith to believe that we can pray with confidence and know that "nothing will be impossible."
So, do I have that kind of faith? A faith that has no doubts or fear of what God can do. Do I pray with complete confidence to the God who created all?
God, help me with my unbelief. Remove all doubts in all corners of my heart. Replace it with Your truth and Your promises.
Beware in your prayers, above everything else, of limiting God, not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what He can do. Expect ... "above all that we ask or think." - Andrew Murray
There it is. Don't limit God. Expect.
God, strengthen my heart to fully believe You for the impossible. And to have the kind of faith that truly believes in miracles. I will wait expectantly. But not as I will, Lord, but as You will.
No comments:
Post a Comment